Phytosanitary certificate for any agricultural commodity in Indonesia. The establishment of standards and Technical Procedures for Agricultural Commodity Health Certification. Services export and import aims to provide guidelines for Plant Quarantine officials in carrying out their duties.
Basic determinations of agriculture commodities for phytosanitary certification
In principle, the main quarantine provisions for agricultural goods between areas. Both between source areas and between entry areas, are the same as the quarantine provisions for export and import goods. The provisions and procedures for the Inter-Area Quarantine Exit are the same as those for the Export Quarantine.
On the other hand, the provisions and procedures for Inter-Entry Area Quarantine are the same as those for Import Quarantine. The only difference is in the certification. The final action for the exit area is the issuance of a KT -5 certificate. While the final action for the export is the exit KT -3 . And the final quarantine action for the intermediate area is the issuance of KT -2. While for the final import action is the issuance of KT -1.
You must have a local business entity in Indonesia Or you can find an importer of record agent to handle all of the legal required, contact us to get a free consultation for your logistic needs.
What you need to do for phytosanitary certificate?
A. Exporter and Actor / Shipper between the Outgoing Areas
Health inspections for goods to the territory at least 2 (two) days prior to shipment/transport. This time limit is necessary to allow the agent sufficient opportunity to prepare the schedule. Prepare the methods and equipment used, and obtain information on the quarantine requirements in the country of destination of the goods. The data submitted must be clear, complete, and reliable. This is to avoid corrections to the Plant Health Certificate (PC / SKTAA). Costs incurred due to certain circumstances (location of the goods, inspection time, use of materials and tools) shall also be borne by the owner.
B. Importers and operators / shippers between entry points
Each Inter-Area Importers / shipper has the right to good service from the Tanjung Emas. Class I Plant Quarantine Center, as well as the right to complete and reliable information.
In order for the above rights to be fulfilled, any importer / consignor requiring quarantine / phytosanitary services must comply with the following:
- For carrier media subject to isolation and observation, the request for commodity health inspection must be made no later than 5 days before the commodity arrives at the point of entry. This period is necessary to give the official sufficient opportunity to draw up the schedule, prepare the methods and equipment used and obtain information on the requirements for importing the intended goods.
- Carrier Media which is not subject to isolation and observation (for import activities) for both entry and import activities, the application for commodity health inspection must be submitted no later than the time the commodity arrives at the point of entry.
- The data submitted must be clear, complete and reliable.
- Costs incurred due to certain conditions (location of the goods, inspection time, use of materials and tools) shall be borne by the owner.
C. Quarantine Officers
- Receives, verifies and records / registers Plant Inspection Applications for export and import (along with required attached documents).
- Asks the owner to confirm the place and time of inspection.
- Requests confirmation from the Examining Team on duty to the Functional Coordinator.
- Send a Phytosanitary Certificate to the exporter or assigned administrator.
- Submit Overseas Plant Quarantine Release Certificate to the importer or delegated administrator.
- Determine target pests (target pests) according to the conditions specified.
- Conduct a physical examination of the goods in question.
- Take samples of pests and goods with symptoms of infestation for examination in the laboratory.
- Carry out laboratory checks to identify any pests found.
- Create a Inspection Result Report to impose according to “suggestions” from Quarantine Measures. To determine the rate for quarantine services, the report must clearly identify the group of commodity crops affected.
- Carrying out the printing of Phytosanitary Certificates. Considering that this document has a high value and carries the mission of the nation and the state.
Procedure of the test for phytosanitary
1. The owner of the goods.
No later than 2 (two) days before the export and import goods are inspected, the owner or designated manager has submitted a report of release or registration of export or Import Carrier Media (sample form report of release or registration of Carrier Media has been provided) to the Front Service Officer of Tanjung Emas Class 1 Plant Quarantine Office.
2. The occupier or the custodian appointed by the owner
The name and location of the inspection must be clear. If the owner or their designated manager does not have time to pick up and accompany the officer, information on how to reach the location must be provided.
3. Front service officer.
Receives Application Letter and stores all data in computer, records any additional information (e.g., time and location of inspection). The officer must also immediately notify the owner of the goods or the agent assigned to manage them of the requirements that must be met. The front line service officer prints out an inspection order (form KT -12) and gives it to the head of Technical Service Subsection to set the destination OPT and reinspect Inspection Warrant, before submitting it to the head of Regional Office for signature;
4. The front-line service officer prints out an inspection order (form KT -12).
Based on the commodity data to be inspected and the inspection order set by the inspector Task Schedule and gives it to the head of Technical Service Subsection for setting the target OPT and reinspection of Inspection Warrant, before submitting it to the head of Regional Office for signature;
5. Upon receipt of the inspection order.
The inspection team immediately adjusts its plan and schedule of activities and submits the required facilities and infrastructure to the head of Technical Service Subsection.
6. Inspection Team, immediately conducts the inspection of the goods at the specified location.
7. Inspection Team, laboratory testing.
8. The inspection team immediately makes a Inspection Result Report.
And records the data in the computer (Tanjung Emas Plant Quarantine Information System, abbreviated as KARTUMAS) and transmits it to the head of Technical Service Subsection through the head of Regional Office;
Phytosanitary Certificate cannot be given for the product in question because:
- It does not meet the requirements of the country of destination.
- The goods are no longer in the territory of the Republic of Indonesia.
- Does not have a Export Permit from the Minister of Agriculture (certain plant seeds).
- Not equipped with CITES (for protected rare plants).
A certificate of release from Foreign Plant Quarantine cannot be issued because:
- It cannot meet the requirements of the Indonesian state for its income.
- Cannot be exempted from OPT because it cannot enter the territory of the Republic of Indonesia.
- Not provided with a Import Permit from the Minister of Agriculture (Plant Seeds).
Phytosanitary Certificate and Overseas Plant Quarantine Release Certificate, printing is the responsibility of the Front Service Officer, once ready (signed by the appointed POPT official), distributed to:
- Original and second sheet to the owner of the goods.
- Third and fourth sheets to the person executing the data for reporting materials and archives.
- Fifth sheet to the Recipient Treasurer as a basis for receiving benefits and issuing receipts.
Presentation of Phytosanitary Certificate and Overseas Plant Quarantine Release Certificate. After the payment of the quarantine services, the owner will immediately receive a Phytosanitary Certificate and Overseas Plant Quarantine Release Certificate. And the receipt for the payment of the services from the front service officer.
Sign up to get easy access to our import platform in Indonesia.